Monday, June 14, 2010

Breaking News...Shake up at the Top for Greenville Oaks!

The following official statements have been released from the Greenville Oaks Franchise Ownership.

From the Desk of General Manager Michael Shivers:

I write this letter with tears in my eyes and sadness in my heart. Given the events of this evenings game and after much deliberation on my part I hearby tender my resignation as second baseman for the Greenville Oaks softball team. My actions in the last inning of the game tonight were inexcusable, embarassing, and single handily cost us the game that we so obviously had locked up. I can't bear the shame. My family and I appreciate the kind phone calls, flowers, cards, letters, and well wishes but we feel that this decision is what's best for the team and the Greenville Oaks Church.

After much thought, prayer, deliberation, and lengthy discussions with my family I have decided to stay on as General Manager of the team and continue to seek out more potential prospects like Curtis. I think we have a great farm system and if we can keep turning out players like him we could have a great future in the Allen Recreation Church D League.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I can only hope to recieve your forgiveness one day. I know forgiveness does not come easy. It will take time and it will have to be earned.

Eternally sorry.

-Shivers.


This truly sends shockwaves throughout Greenville Oaks Nation, as Shivers was in the running for General Manager of the year. The second release that follows comes as less of a surprise.

From the desk of Team Manager, Team President, and Owner of the Greenville Oaks Young Married Mens' Softball Franchise:


It is with a heavy heart that I must tender my resignation to the Board of Directors and elders of Greenville Oaks Church of Christ. There is one person on the softball field that should know the rules, and that is the coach. I realize that my lack of knowledge cost the team a victory this evening, and this team's fans, players, and ownership deserve someone more qualified at the helm.

I made an error in judgement, and the one thing a coach cannot do is react with emotions intsead of thinking through the situation. I am deeply sorry for this error, and I wish the franchise the best as they move forward to greater things.


There is no word yet on whether or not the eldership will accept these resignations. One elder who attended the game did not return phone calls.

One player, Brian Edwards, did have this to say after the announcement:

In mourning, I have shaved my mustache. We did not go quietly tonight.....we faught like seals up against the greatest of great white sharks....and then we were eaten. But we will rise from the belly of the beast........that's how we do it at greenville oaks

It is rumored that Levi Carlson will be named the interim coach.

If you missed the game, please see the full recap in the story below.

1 comment: